Avocados are a gem. Technically a fruit, avocados are full of fiber, low in carbs and full of good fats. As a soft fruit when ripened, it’s perfect for easy brace face meals. I’ve become a big fan of avocado toast and it is easy to change up for any meal. This is a quick and easy dish that takes 5 minutes to make. I’ve made it with both eggs and sautéed shrimp. Quick note: If you don’t have a grater and don’t want chunks of garlic in your avocado, smash the garlic and rub each slice of toast thoroughly before adding the mashed avocado. Check out the recipe below.
1 small to medium avocado
1 -2 small cloves of garlic grated
2 slices of whole wheat toast
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. Red pepper flakes
1/2 tbsp. avocado oil or butter
2 scrambled or poached eggs or 5 sautéed shrimp
1. Cut avocado in half longwise. Remove pit and scoop both halves into a bowl.
2. Mash gently with a fork. Peel garlic and grate into bowl.
3. Add a pinch on salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Scramble eggs in butter or oil and season with salt and pepper.
a.option 2: season one side of shrimp with salt, pepper and onion power and cook in oil or butter for 3 minutes on each side. Cut each in half longwise.
5. Toast bread. Add mashed avocado and red pepper flakes to each slice of bread.
6. Add half of shrimp or egg to each slice of toast.