Every now and then I still manage to surprise myself with my creativity! These Thai inspired lettuce wraps definitely hit the mark. I will say not every creation will be a home run, but when it is, oh the victory is sweet.
I already had ground turkey, and while in the store came across the broccoli slaw and us a meal was inspired. I decided to try out a coconut peanut butter sauce with the spice of ginger and garlic. Let me just say I could’ve eaten that on just about anything!
This also made for great tacos and of course a traditional salad where I tossed in other veggies like tomatoes and cucumbers. For other meal ideas, I’d consider a turkey burger with dressed slaw.
For a quick video walk-through, check out the posting on Instagram or TikTok. See the full recipe below and be sure to like subscribe and share your comments!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup diced, sweet onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 romaine hearts (depending on size
- 1 cup of broccoli slaw
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peeled and diced onion, minced garlic.
- In a medium skillet add oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ground meat.
- Break apart with a wooden spoon and once smaller and beginning to brown, season well.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Wow ground meat cooks, peel ginger and garlic and slice before adding to a small blender.
- Add and coconut milk and peanut butter and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash, Romain hearts, and separate for lettuce wraps. Top with ground meat mixture, the broccoli slaw, and the dressing.