As the temperature outside goes up, it’s natural to want food that is satisfying, but not heavy. A good summer salad or wrap makes for easy lunches or dinners and this is a definite win to add to the list. The great thing about wraps is they can be customized just about any way.
For this recipe, I made a version of tzatziki sauce, and paired it with harissa. I chose this pairing for the added nutrients that yogurt and garlic provides, plus the dads and more vegetables like cucumber. This could also be easily paired with Ranch, or any other sauce of choice.
I chose to make turkey meatballs for this recipe, however,. you can, of substitute, beef lamb , or even seafood like shrimp. You can also use while season, chicken breasts and preferred.
Recipe serves 4
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh, basil, minced
- 4-6 cloves of garlic pressed, or minced
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TBSP black pepper
- 1/2 TBSP harissa
- 1/2 TBSP Sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves pressed ginger (~1 1/2 tbsp)
- 1/2 TSP sea salt
- 1 TSP coarse black pepper
- 4 Garlic flatbread
- 2 medium tomato
- 1 cup Arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and dice a small onion.
- Add ground turkey, seasoning, onion, garlic, basil and egg to a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Roll meatballs and add to a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little avocado oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes then broil for 5 minutes.
- While meatballs bake, grate cucumber and add to a small dish with yogurt. Juice a lemon and add in garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once meatballs are done, warm flatbread of choice, slice tomato and assemble with tomato, arugula, sauce and meatballs in the flatbread wrap.