While I’m usually a salmon girl, I like to explore other fish options like Cod to change things up. A good source of the favored omega-3-fatty-acids, cod is rich in other nutrients and is low in calories compared to grams of protein. In simplest terms, you get more bites for your bucks.
I baked the cod in green Thai curry sauce with the help of the ever interesting Trader Joe’s. I paired it with herbed rice pilaf with herbs from my backyard and steamed green beans for a balanced meal. Check out the recipe below and share your thoughts!
¾ cup of brown rice medley
1 ½ cups of water
¼ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ tsp sea salt
~ 2 lbs. of frozen Cod (about 8 pieces)
¼ cup Thai curry sauce (any you prefer)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp coarse black pepper
1 tbsp. dried parsley
16oz frozen organic green beans
1 tbsp. curry sauce (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring rice and water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cook for 35 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Drain fish and add to the baking sheet. Brush each piece with some of the sauce before adding remaining seasoning.
- With 25 minutes left on the rice, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes.
- In the last Add green beans to a microwave safe bowl. Season with salt and pepper and optional sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse and chop herbs for rice. Add herbs and salt and mix well with a spoon.