This tasty salad was inspired by the beautiful Brussel sprouts that are in season at the Red Stick Farmers market. You just can’t go wrong with feta and balsamic in a salad! Grilled chicken or shrimp or really any protein of your choice would be a great addition to this salad. You can also add other seasonal fruit and vegetables such as lettuce, strawberries or peppers for some added nutrients and flavors. Check out the recipe below and share your thoughts!
Asparagus and Brussels Sprouts Salad
2 cups shaved Brussels Sprouts
2 cups chopped asparagus
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ cup sliced onion
2 tbsp. chopped nuts (optional
2 tbsp. feta cheese
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ tbsp. honey
3 cloves of garlic
- Rinse vegetables. Peel and slice onion. Peel garlic.
- In a large bowl, add vinegar and honey and mix well to dissolve honey. Press in garlic or mince and add. Add sliced onion.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice Brussel sprouts. If you do not have a mandolin, use a box grater. You want to break the sprouts down so that they are easier to eat.
- Add sprouts to the bowl. Trim asparagus by using one stalk and bending it to where it breaks naturally and trim the others the same length. This will help you avoid adding woody stems. Add to the bowl.
- Add cranberries, feta and nuts. Drizzle with olive oil, mix well.