Summer inspiration is all around us with an abundance of produce and fresh herbs. And with that abundance comes the opportunity for creativity and fun flavor mash ups. Chicken is always a great vehicle to test out new flavor combinations. Now while balsamic with my dishes isn’t new, it is easy to mix things up.
Balsamic basil, chicken recipe
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Butterfly chicken breast, if using large pieces of chicken.
- Season lightly. Bring a pan to heat and add oil.
- Once hot, add chicken and season other side.
- Thinly slice an onion while chicken cooks for 4-5 minutes before flipping.
- While cooking the other side, add balsamic vinegar, honey, and minced or fresh pressed garlic to a small dish and mix well.
- Remove chicken and add thinly sliced onions in an even layer and brown.
- Add in chicken and pour in sauce and let cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until cooked.
- Service desired and enjoy.