When time is limited and you still crave good, flavorful food, semi homemade options are the way to go. If getting help from the store to with a dish, it is good to work from their more healthful options and that is easy to do with vegetable-centric products.
Pasta is always a quick win and easy to add in lots of vegetables under the guise of a sauce. I added in some fresh mushroom and kale with an eggplant garlic spread that I used as a sauce. This dish was quick and tasty! I also added some pitted Kalamata olives for an added burst of salt, but of course that is optional. Check out the video for this recipe through Instagram. As always, like, follow and share and be sure to leave your thoughts on the recipe below.
- 1 small onion diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (~2 tbsp chopped)
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 12oz jar of eggplant garlic spread (Trader Joes)
- 1 package of mushroom ravioli (or personal preference)
- Cut onion in half. Peel and dice both halves. Peel garlic and mince well.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add avocado oil. Once hot add in onion and garlic.
- Stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes. Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup of water.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Slice mushrooms and kale if using whole. Add mushrooms and kale to pan and add in seasonings. Stir well.
- Add in spread and thin to preferred thickness with a little water or vegetable stock.
- Add pasta to pot of boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring carefully.
- Strain and add to the pan of sauce and coat ravioli.
- Plate and enjoy. *option to top with black olives.